I’m sure that when S Club 7 sang ‘There ain’t no salad like an avocado salad’ they were specifically singing about this recipe.
This is a tasty salad, it really is. I think it works so well as it’s an experience – there I said it, it’s an actual experience!
You have the cauliflower and sprout base, sounds boring but this combo tastes great even before you add some tangy pesto to it! Then you throw on some deliciously, juicy grilled peach followed by creamy, melt-in-your-mouth avocado. This salad works great on it’s own or you could choose to add a piece of protein to it to make a larger, more substantial meal.
Avocado & Peach Salad
1 cauliflower, trimmed
250g sprouts, trimmed
2 tbsp pesto
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 peaches, stoned
1 avocado, sliced
Chilli flakes (optional)
- Using the blade attachment of the food processor, blitz the cauliflower florets for about 10-15 seconds or until a large cous cous size, set aside. This can be done manually using a grater
- Using the slicing attachment of your food processor, feed through the trimmed sprouts until finely sliced. This step can be done manually with a knife, try to slice as finely as possible
- Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add the cauliflower and sprouts and sauté for 5 minutes
- Slice the peach into eighths and put under a medium grill for one minute then turn and grill for a further minute
- Stir the pesto through the cauliflower mix until fully combined and then serve onto plates. Top with the grilled peaches and avocado slices, season well and sprinkle with chilli flakes if using
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do!