We’ve spent the last couple of months recipes testing for our upcoming ShoreBeing Retreat, it really has been hard work eating all this delicious food!
As part of our ‘Retreat at Home’ month, we will be posting recipes similar to those we will be serving on our Spring retreat. Soups will be a main feature for our lunches and this Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup fits the bill perfectly. Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower contain phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals that have a host of health benefits –
Studies have shown a link between eating cruciferous vegetables and a lower risk of cancer
Help to detox the body of free radicals
Reduce inflammation, a precursor to many autoimmune disorders
Supports the immune system
Balances blood sugar levels
Balances oestrogen levels
This simple soup is a great way to boost your nutrient intake and it tastes great!
Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 broccoli head
1/2 cauliflower head
4 tsp vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
Seeds & nuts (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
- Add the onions and leeks and sauté for 10 minutes
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets, add water until vegetables are just covered and stir through the vegetable stock and leave to simmer for 20 minutes
- Stir through the basil and season, transfer to a blender and blitz for 3-4 minutes. I always blend for another minute after fully combined to get a really smooth consistency
- Serve topped with yoghurt, seeds and nuts although it’s just as tasty without!