Eating olives is a deal breaker for me, I think I’d struggle to be friends with anyone who didn’t like olives. Luckily for me, I have a son who absolutely loves them, he may not look like me but we’re from the same tree all right.
I’ve been working on this recipe for the last month or so and Sonny loves it. He always watches carefully as I portion it out, making sure I give him the right amount of olives and that I save enough for him to have for his school lunch.
I like this recipe as it’s simple and quick to make, it tastes great too!
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small handful chopped parsley, or use 1 tbsp dried herbs
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp vegetable stock
1 cauliflower, broken into small florets
20 black olives
2 tbsp capers
- Melt the coconut oil over a medium heat, add the onions and sauté for 7 minutes
- Add the garlic and herbs and continue to cook for 3 minutes
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, fill up the empty tin with water and add that in too, bring to the boil
- Add the stock and stir well before adding the cauliflower florets, reduce the heat to medium and cook for twenty minutes or until the cauliflower is tender with a little bit of bite
- Add the olives and capers and cook for a further couple of minutes
- Serve with salad
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do!