I am a huge fan of Christmas pudding, I love it! However, it’s definitely not something I’d feel comfortable giving Sonny. So, I set myself the task of developing a healthier, less boozy pudding to serve on Christmas day.
I will serve with crème fraiche and mixed berries…delicious!
250g mixed dried fruit
180g ground almonds
25g coconut flour
20g sliced almonds
1¼ tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp all spice
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 170/gas mark 5. Line a large pudding basin with parchment paper
- Soak the dried fruit in 200ml of boiling water for 10 minutes
- Add the butter and ground almond to a food processor and pour in the liquid from the soaked fruits, reserve the fruit. Blitz until smooth
- Add the eggs, spices, coconut flour, bicarb soda and blitz again until smooth
- Add the soaked fruit and blitz briefly so you still have some larger bits of fruit left in the mixture
- Stir through the sliced almonds and pour the mixture into the pudding basin and put on the middle shelf of the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with parchment paper held down with an oven proof plate, cook for a further 20 minutes
- Serve with mixed berries and a dollop of crème fraiche
I have tried different types of mixed fruits, my favourite combo is 100g dried figs, 75g sultanas and 75g raisins.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed testing it!!