Sometimes we all need a little pick me up during the day, these Oat Bars are just perfect for that. Easy to make and store, they’re a great on-the-go snack for all the family.
One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility, why not experiment with using different types of nuts/seeds or try adding your favourite dried fruit? We’d love to hear which variations worked, and what hasn’t been so great via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or on our Blog!
50g sunflower seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g shredded coconut
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 160/gas mark 3
- Add the bananas to a food processor and blitz until pureed
- Add the dates, nuts and seeds and blitz again until the nuts have been broken down into large chunks
- Add the oats, shredded coconut and chia seeds for 10 seconds until combined
- Spoon the mixture into a small, lined baking tray and press down lightly then, using a knife, score into rectangles. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until golden. Let cool fully before eating
Have a great week!