I’ve been looking for grain free alternatives to traditional lunches and these quiche cups went down well with my family, we had them with a hearty salad making it a delicious, healthy weekend lunch.
Get experimental with your fillings, how about beetroot, rocket, goats cheese & walnuts? Let me know what you come up with!
5 eggs, beaten
2 peppers, halved and de-seeded
50g feta, crumbled
6 black olives, quartered
small handful of spinach, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200 degrees. Place the pepper halves on a baking tray making sure they are stable and won’t fall over when you put the quiche ingredients in.
- Divide up all the dry ingredients between the peppers
- Pour egg into each cup, there should be enough to just cover the fillings.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 – 40 minutes. You want the mixture to be slightly wobbly but cooked though. If your oven is quick it may be worth checking after 20 minutes.
- Serve with a large, colourful salad for a delicious lunch.