And for the pièce de résistance…
Since way back when I used to live with Finnish friends, I’ve had a special meal on Christmas Eve – the day that everyone else in the Europe celebrates Christmas. Since moving ‘dahn saaf’ this tradition has turned into a little party with friends, each bringing some food and drink.
This year I’m on dessert, sounds easy enough but I have Helen’s 2015 sugar free chocolate log to contend with so it needed to be good….that’s where this Raw White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake comes into play. Easy to make and it can sit in the freezer until the big day, just pop into the fridge in the morning and it’ll be thawed and ready to eat by late afternoon.
Raw White Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake
1 cup oats
10 pitted dates
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
80g cacao butter, melted
3 tbsp coconut cream
1 tbsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
Sprinkling of freeze dried raspberries
- Add the dates to a food processor and blitz for 20 seconds
- Add the oats and blitz until a coarse crumb
- Pour in the melted coconut oil and process until fully combined
- Line a loaf tin with cling film then pour in the oat mixture and press down evenly, pop into the fridge until the next layer is ready
- Drain the cashews and add to the food processor, blitz for 30 seconds
- Add the melted cacao butter, coconut cream, vanilla essence and sweetener and then process for a couple of minutes until thick and creamy
- Take the loaf tin out of the fridge and sprinkle the raspberries on top of the oat layer, press down on each one lightly to stop them from moving about
- Pour the creamy cashew mixture on top and jiggle the tin to help even it out
- Pop back in the fridge for two hours or over night if needed. If making in advance, put straight into freezer
- When ready to eat, ti out of the loaf tin and unwrap the cling film. Cut into even squares and sprinkle with crushed pistachio and dried raspberries and serve!