Regular readers will know by now we love simple, delicious recipes with accessible ingredients that anyone can make. These super easy Seeded Crackers tick every box and as they’re nut free, I can pack them for the children lunch – WIN!
I’d love to know if you make these and what variations you come up with so don’t forget to get in touch.
110g mixed pumpkin & sesame seeds
20g chia seeds
1 tsp dried thyme (or change to your favourite herb)
1 tbsp chilli flakes (optional)
salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees. Put the all the seeds into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the egg, thyme and chill flakes, stir well. Put to one side for 5 minutes while your oven pre-heats properly.
- Lightly oil a baking tray and pour the mixture on to the tray. Spread out evenly, there should be no gaps but only be approximately 3-4mm thick. Season well.
- Bake for 10 minutes before turning and cooking for another 10 minutes. You are looking for the crackers to be starting to turn gently golden but not go too dark.
- Cool on a wire rack, they will crisp up as they cool. Then cut into crackers!