I know what you’re thinking…salad for breakfast?! Show me the rule that states you can’t eat salad at breakfast and I’ll happily change the title of my latest creation. I treat breakfast as any other meal so will often base it around vegetables and excellent fats such as the eggs and salmon in this recipe., there seems little point in eating nutrient void options like cereals and toast.
This salad is my idea of the perfect special occasion breakfast whether it be valentines, a birthday or Christmas morning. As the name implies, it’s a very sexy salad as it contains a whole heap of aphrodisiac ingredients such as chilli, avocado, rocket, salmon and walnuts so maybe bear this in mind if thinking of serving for a working brunch (note to self).
Sexy Breakfast Salad
2 handfuls rocket
75g smoked salmon
1 avocado, sliced
Sprinkling of walnuts
Dressing of choice
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the eggs and cook for 4 minutes
- Slice the cucumber lengthways using a vegetable peeler
- Place a handful of rocket onto each plate with a couple of slices of cucumber and half of the smoked salmon and avocado
- Take the eggs out of the boiling water and dip in cold water to stop further cooking and to cool ready for peeling. Peel carefully and place on top of salad
- Sprinkle the walnuts and dressing on top then slice the egg in half, serve immediately
You should definitely try this recipe and let us know what you think!