In developing a recipe, this Spiced Chia Porridge with Caramelised Pears has become a weekly staple in our house. It has everything you could possibly want in a breakfast; it’s warming, the ginger adds a delicious spicy kick, it contains a great combination of protein and fats AND it has caramelised pears on top…who could ask for more?
Admittedly, this recipe looks a little laborious however it is definitely worth the 15 minutes it takes to make. You simply have to try it!
Spiced Chia Porridge
360g almond milk – or milk of choice
6 tbsp chia seeds
15g coconut oil
1 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp ground ginger
- Roughly chop two pears, add to a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water and place over a high heat with a lid on.
- Put the milk, chia seeds and ginger in a blender and blitz for 30 seconds. Pour into a saucepan and gently heat.
- Take the saucepan with the pears off the heat and set aside.
- Put a frying pan over a medium hot heat, melt the coconut oil and add the honey. Slice the remaining pear and add to the frying pan, cook for one minute each side or until golden.
- Roughly mash the reserved pears into a puree and spoon into ramekins. Pour the chia porridge onto the puree and then top with the deliciously hot caramelised pear slices.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!