I recently had the pleasure of a Turmeric Latte at a restaurant in Brighton, it tasted amazing and was all I could think about on the journey home. It doesn’t take much to make me happy!
I love turmeric. I think I was put off by it for a long time as I associated it with curry, while I do love curry the thought of a curry flavoured drink makes me feel quite ill! I know now that turmeric doesn’t taste of curry and it’s a really powerful super food known for it’s anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Our Retreat at Home wouldn’t be complete without a good dose of this miracle spice.
2 cups almond milk – or milk of choice
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp raw honey
- Gently warm the milk and coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat
- While the milk is warming, put the spices into a ramekin and combine with a teaspoon of milk to make a paste
- Add the spice paste to the milk with the raw honey and stir well
- Once at the desired heat, pour into a jug bender and blitz for a minute
- Pour into a cup with a sprinkling of honey on top
I hope you enjoy this drink as much as me and Sonny do!